Personalized, cell-based therapy is emerging as a paradigm-shifting strategy in healthcare. To harness the potential of cutting-edge cellular engineering, stringent process controls must be put into place that monitor and measure critical parameters of the cell product at every step, from patient sample acquisition to drug product release. In essence, the process is the product.
Accellix offers a streamlined flow cytometry workflow solution that couples dried ambient-stable reagents, automated cell sample preparation and data acquisition within a single-use microfluidic cartridge, and customized auto analysis. The combination results in robust multiparametric analysis with ‘mix and read’ simplicity, enabling standardized process controls for our cell and gene therapy customers. See more information about the company here: https://www.accellix.com/
The Accellix Assay Development team is looking to recruit a Senior Research Associate to help characterize the capabilities of our platform and identify and implement innovations. The ideal candidate will bring relevant experience, enthusiasm for having a tangible impact on cell therapy, and a collaborative and down-to-earth attitude.
- Work with scientists on the team to: develop new product introductions (NPIs) to add to the growing Accellix portfolio, design and execute characterization studies to showcase the capabilities of the Accellix platform, and identify and implement process innovations and new features
- Work with cross-functional teams to integrate new assays and features onto the Accellix platform
- Follow good manufacturing practices (GMP) in lab, clearly document and communicate experimental procedures and results both within the team and beyond
- Assist team in maintaining inventory of lab supplies and reagents
- Participate in drafting and editing documentation, including development reports, protocols for assay kit manufacturing and QC, and in tech transfer to the manufacturing team
- Promote a strong working relationship with others in the lab, facilitate open communication, proactively identify and address issues, and support other team members to meet deadlines and manage shifting priorities
- B.S with 3+ years or M.S. with 1+ years of wet lab assay development experience in a diagnostic, pharmaceutical, or other biotech industry setting
- Comfortable with independently designing and executing flow cytometry experiments, including antibody titrations, and optimizing and troubleshooting multicolor assays
- Experience with flow cytometry data analysis using FlowJo or similar analysis software
- Ability to clearly communicate assay results, conclusions, and propose next steps within the larger project trajectory
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively, as projects require
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, meet goals in a timely fashion, communicate delays and escalate challenges immediately
- Prepared to be highly engaged, both within the team and within the company
- Experience with generating and optimizing compensation matrices to address fluorescence spectral overlap in multiparametric flow data
- Familiarity with common biomarkers found on leukocytes, and/or familiarity with cell-based therapies and cellular engineering
- Experience with product development and/or instrument automation in an industry setting.
- Experience with assay transfer to internal or external collaborators
- Experience with good documentation practices (GDP) and with drafting and reviewing documents such as SOPs and development reports