Accellix, a Silicon Valley-based company offering a disruptive flow cytometry solution for Cell Therapy QC, is looking for a Scientific Sales Representative to assist the sales team to drive new business.
The Scientific Sales Representative will be assigned to cover the Accellix Platform, which includes the Accellix Flow Cytometry Instrument, Cartridge-based assays, and related services. This position will be primarily responsible for managing day-to-day operations at existing accounts, developing and nurturing a pipeline of immuno-oncology and cell therapy prospects in small, mid-size, and large biotech/pharma globally. The Scientific Sales Representative manages inquiries by phone and or email, identifies target accounts decision-makers, sets up appointments for corporate field sales, and reports results on each. Will be required to proactively initiate and manage cold-call activities into a target list of accounts, warm calls for trade shows, and other incoming lead sources. The Scientific Sales Representative must be able to identify and qualify opportunities, build trust and credibility, deliver a clear and compelling message, uncover initiatives and gain commitment from prospects to engage with Accellix.
- Uncover and target new opportunities and follow up on leads generated during conferences and tradeshows
- Assist in managing inquiries from existing accounts related to sales, marketing, and technical support
- Helps coordinate FAS activities (demos, installs, troubleshooting, repairs) both internally and with customers
- Provides weekly updates on activities and sales forecasts, commercial outreaches, and lead qualification to Manager
- Leverage available resources, including existing networks and marketing activities to identify/qualify prospects
- Identify opportunities to cross-sell existing assays and upsell within organizations
- Contribute to the sales cycle in coordination with the Sales Manager related to each account’s specific needs and growth plans
- 2-4 years of sales experience within the Life Sciences industry
- B.S. or greater in Life Sciences strongly preferred, individuals with a degree in business will also be considered
- Experience with major CRM platforms (Oracle, Salesforce, Dynamics, etc.)
- Has basic understanding of Flow Cytometry and/or Cell Therapy Industry
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be customer-focused
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Must be a self-starter and possess a hunter mentality to capture new business opportunities
- Able to understand the sales cycle with emphasis on handling objections and closing
Strong preference for candidates in Seattle, WA or San Francisco Bay Area.