The Accellix Assay Development team is looking to recruit a Senior Research Associate to help develop custom flow cytometry assays in partnership with many leading pharmaceutical companies, as well as to expand our catalog of off-the-shelf assay kits. The candidate should bring to the table relevant experience, enthusiasm for having a tangible impact on cell therapy, and a collaborative and down-to-earth attitude.
- Work with scientists on the team to develop and qualify flow cytometry assay panels, including antibody titrations, formulation optimization, protocol optimization, and verification of expected cell subset frequencies and counts
- Work with cross-functional teams to integrate assays onto the Accellix platform, and ensure assay requirements are met
- Follow good manufacturing practices (GMP) in lab, clearly document experimental procedures and results, and assist team in maintaining inventory of lab supplies and reagents
- Participate in drafting and editing protocols for assay kit manufacturing and QC, and in tech transfer to the manufacturing team
- Present updates on projects and initiate brainstorming/troubleshooting discussions within the team and to external customer audiences.
- Promote a strong working relationship with others in the lab, facilitate open communication, proactively identify and address issues, and support other team members to meet deadlines and manage shifting priorities
- B.S with 3+ years or M.S. with 1+ years of assay development experience in a diagnostic or pharmaceutical setting.
- Experience with experiment design and execution of flow cytometry assays, including antibody titrations and optimizing and troubleshooting multicolor assays.
- Experience with flow cytometry data analysis using FlowJo or similar analysis software
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, meet goals in a timely fashion, communicate delays and escalate challenges immediately.
- Ability to design, execute, and analyze experiments with minimal oversight.
- Prepared to be highly engaged, both within the team and within the company.
- Experience with generating and optimizing compensation matrices to address fluorescence spectral overlap in multiparametric flow data.
- Familiarity with common biomarkers found on leukocytes, and/or familiarity with cell-based therapies and cellular engineering.
- Experience with product development and/or instrument automation in an industry setting.
- Experience with assay transfer to internal or external collaborators.
- Experience with good documentation practices (GDP) and with drafting and reviewing documents such as SOPs and development reports.