Personalized, cell-based therapy is emerging as a paradigm-shifting strategy in healthcare. To harness the potential of cutting-edge cellular engineering, stringent process controls must be put into place that monitor and measure critical parameters of the cell product at every step, from patient sample acquisition to drug product release. In essence, the process is the product.
Accellix offers a streamlined flow cytometry workflow solution that couples dried ambient-stable reagents, automated cell sample preparation and data acquisition within a single-use microfluidic cartridge, and customized auto analysis. The combination results in robust multiparametric analysis with ‘mix and read’ simplicity, enabling standardized process controls for our cell and gene therapy customers. See more information about the company here: https://www.accellix.com/
The Applications team is looking to recruit a flow cytometry data analyst/Scientist to help analyze flow cytometry data in partnership with many leading pharmaceutical companies, as well as to engage in customer facing activities such as presenting the analysis done. The candidate will also be working closely with the assay development team and Accellix’s other departments to improve customer experience and increase available products. The candidate should bring to the table relevant flow cytometry analytic and immunology experience, presentation and organizational skills, enthusiasm for having a tangible impact on cell therapy, and a collaborative and down-to-earth attitude. The position may require travel to San Jose once or twice per year.
- Work with scientists on the team to analyze flow cytometry data generated internally and/or externally by collaborators and/or customers
- Work with cross-functional teams to integrate assays onto the Accellix platform and ensure assay requirements are met
- Participate in drafting and editing protocols for flow cytometry data analysis
- Present updates on flow cytometry analysis and custom FlowJo templates
- Promote a strong working relationship with others in the sales/marketing/FAS team, facilitate open communication, proactively identify and address issues, and support other team members to meet deadlines and manage shifting priorities
- Maintain a detailed notebook of any and all analysis done and requested either by customer, collaborators or internal teams
- M.S in Immunology, Oncology or equivalent with 3+ years experience in flow cytometry data analysis or currently enrolled in and working towards the completion of a PhD in Immunology or equivalent. PhD preferred. Alternatively, Post-Doctoral scholars/fellows with an immunology and flow cytometry background.
- Experience with experiment design and execution of flow cytometry assays, including antibody titrations and optimizing and troubleshooting multicolor assays
- 3+ years experience with flow cytometry data analysis using FlowJo v.10
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, meet goals in a timely fashion, communicate delays and escalate challenges immediately
- Ability to analyze flow cytometry data with minimal oversight
- Prepared to be highly engaged, both within the team and within the company
- Experience in presenting at national or international scientific conferences
- Experience in presenting and communicating flow cytometry analysis to technical and non-technical audiences in an articulate manner
- Articulate and fluent in English. Bilingual preferred.